The curriculum at Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish PreSchool and PreK was developed to prepare our students to be lifelong learners. It is based on social/emotional and early education developmental best practices for the whole child.
- Interacts well with others
- Participates in group activities
- Follows the rules of the classroom
- Shows self-confidence
- Seeks emotional support from teachers
Reading, Writing and Speaking:
- Develops an interest in reading and writing
- Handwriting without Tears curriculum
- Retells familiar stories
- Knows that print has meaning
- Letter sounds and identification
- Writes name
- Speaks audibly and express thoughts, feelings and ideas
- Community Service (Service Projects)
- Treat others with kindness
- Live the way Jesus did (The Golden Rule)
- Participate in religious activities
- God Made Me curriculum
- Shapes and numbers
- One-to-one correspondence
- Sets and patterns
- Sorts by shape, color, size etc..
Science and Social Studies:
- Cultural Awareness
- School Community
- Five senses and the human body
- Insects, animals and plants
- Seasons and weather
- Physical Education
We believe parents are a child’s primary educators and that we are in a partnership to foster their unique journey to understand, integrate and apply the knowledge of what they are learning.
Parents can best support our curriculum by reading classroom newsletters, emails and recalling with your child their unique learning experience that day.