5th Grade News 2017-2018
Here is what’s happening in 5th Grade:
Welcome to a new year! We are excited to be back in action in the 5th grade classroom! As the year progresses, we will be learning all sorts of wonderful things! Check back here for a breakdown by subject a few times every month, and for announcements too!
Homework: Homework will not be posted weekly to the website. Tests, quizzes and project due dates will be listed. Check planners for nightly homework, as it varies each day and by subject.
Note that vocabulary and spelling rotate each week due to their similar style. We begin this week with Spelling Lesson 1.
Homework for vocabulary and spelling is identical each week, and can easily be done ahead of time, if your children know that they have a busy week ahead. Please note that bookwork is done in class. Students are asked to please not do this portion ahead of time. Here is the spelling/ vocab homework weekly order:
Monday night: Flashcards (1 card per word– word on one side, definition on the other. Both books provide definitions). Due Tuesday.
Tuesday and Wednesday night: Sentences. 1 sentence per word. The word is underlined. Due Thursday.
Thursday night: Study for Friday’s test. Study by using flashcards, taking a practice test, etc.
Quizzes and Tests this week 9/11- 9/15:
- Math Quiz 1.1- 1.2 on Friday
- Spelling Lesson 1 Test on Friday
- Hatchet literature quiz Ch. 1-2 on Wednesday. Potential 3-4 quiz on Friday.
Wednesday: Band check in with Miss McKamey during the school day.
Saturday, September 16th at 10am: Instrument Check out in the gym
Beginning Monday, September 18th: MAP Testing in grades 1-8.
Students can login and find all of their online documents here!
- http://www.aaamath.com/fra.html (Fractions)
- http://www.okaloosa.k12.fl.us/oakhill/fractions.html (Fractions)
- http://www.gamequarium.com/fractions.html (Fractions)
- http://www.aaamath.com/dec.html (Decimals)
- http://www.math-play.com/decimal-math-games.html (Decimals)
- http://mathwire.com/problemsolving/pslinks.html (Problem Solving)
- http://pbskids.org/games/problemsolving.html (Problem Solving)
- http://mrnussbaum.com/13-colonies/ (13 Colonies)
- http://www.softschools.com/social_studies/13_colonies_map/ (13 Colonies)
- Current Events CNN Student News