Welcome to OLG’s Middle School Math Program
Click on the grade level math class links (below) for details regarding summer math work obligations.
The mathematics program in Grades 6-8 uses a variety of print and online resources aligned to the Common Core Standards. This includes the Common Core Standards for Mathematical Practice.
Grades 6 and 7 math courses are taught in a whole group setting and focus on the foundational pre-algebra skills necessary for 8th grade.
The two 8th-grade math courses are:
- Algebra: This course is based on the 8th-grade and Algebra 1 common core concepts.
- Accelerated Algebra: This course is based on the 8th-grade and Algebra 1 common core concepts and covers all topics at a faster pace with more demands for independent work, proficient basic math skills, and strong organizational skills.
*More details regarding each grade level can by found in the Syllabus link on each class page.
In response to Distance Learning due to COVID-19, Ms. Savio has completed the following professional development courses:
- Greg Tang Math Workshop Grades 6-8 Virtual
- 2020 Private School Conference: Think Better…Live Better…Teach Better…series, Top 20 Training
- Using Zoom Video Conferencing Tools for Student Engagement, SimpleK12
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Google Classroom, SimpleK12
- G Suite for Education (Educator Level 1: Fundamentals Training & Educator Level 2: Advanced Training)
High School Readiness
High school readiness is a top priority. Our graduates are often accepted into top performing high schools and placed in advanced level math courses.