Like what you see and want to join our community? Click here!
Serving PreSchool to 8th Grade
Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic School fosters Gospel values, inspires academic excellence, and develops service and leadership. We face this as a sacramental community united and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
School-Wide Learning ExpectationsA Faith-Inspired Catholic who…
- Seeks communion with God in the ongoing process of personal faith development.
- Examines the Catholic faith, traditions and doctrine and is able to articulate that knowledge.
- Recognizes the document on Catholic Social Teaching as a resource for responsible citizenship, as experienced through servant leadership.
- Demonstrates compassion, acceptance and respect as an active member of a faith community.
- Understands, integrates and applies knowledge in all academic subject areas.
- Experiences and incorporates the arts into his or her school life.
- Communicates confidently through the written and spoken word to a variety of audiences with creativity, clarity and an individual voice.
- Solves problems by using critical and creative thinking.
- Demonstrates and cultivates good organizational skills including effective study habits, time management strategies, skillful research and analysis, and project management.
- Recognizes similarities and differences in races, cultures and individuals and participates in multicultural experiences.
- Resolves conflicts by recognizing others’ perspectives while applying critical thinking skills and effective decision-making models.
- Recognizes the value of all of God’s creation, and acts as a steward in service to the greater good of His creation.
- Recognizes the value of intellectual, spiritual, physical and emotional aspects of life.
- Evaluates personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity with regard to self and others.
Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic School is guided by a philosophy derived from our Catholic heritage. We acknowledge and support the family as the primary educator of the child. As a contemporary Christian school, we affirm the importance of education for a full life of Christian faith. The goal of our Catholic school education is to foster Gospel values in our students, challenge and inspire them to academic excellence, and cultivate their development both in service and leadership.
We seek the kingdom of God and God’s justice by acceptance of an ongoing dialogue with our neighbors whom we will faithfully serve in justice and love, regardless of race, color, or creed; we commit ourselves especially to the service of the poor and those in need. We celebrate our differences and warmly embrace those who join us from other traditions. We value and promote communication and self-expression.
Together we strive to equip our students with the compassion, morality, courage, critical thinking, and academic excellence necessary for responsible stewardship in today’s society. We face this task as a community united and empowered by the grace of the Holy Spirit.
Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic School opened its doors on September 5, 1962, with a commitment to providing quality Catholic education for the surrounding community. We are proud to carry this commitment into the 21st century. Our Lady of Guadalupe School works in partnership with each student’s family to create a nurturing environment where children are challenged and supported to grow intellectually and spiritually, in service and in leadership.
Each year we recognizes one teacher or staff member for excellence in education here at Our Lady of Guadalupe with the OLG Distinguished Educator Award. Nominations for an OLG teacher or staff member is open in late winter. More here
Our school is a ministry of Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish. Our students belong to an extended community of parents, teachers, staff and parishioners who share Gospel values and support our students academic goals.
Our Lady of Guadalupe School is accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association, approved by the Washington State Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction, and is a member of the National Catholic Education Association.
Our Lady of Guadalupe School is guided by Archdiocesan curriculum guidelines and Washington State Common Core Standards for establishing curriculum goals school-wide. Our core curriculum includes religion, service outreach, math, social studies, science, language arts, music, physical education and art. In addition, we have a full-time counselor on staff.
Like what you see and want to join our community?
Click here to continue on with the registration process!