Welcome to the homepage for our Kindergarten Class! We are happy to be in-person this school year! With getting back to school, our webpage is currently under construction. We look forward to updating more soon!
ARCHIVES of the Past:
(Recall those early days of remote learning?)
Thursday April 2, 2020: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1URtmqJOwBlle0c_eyzIflqozfh1yVcfndM7ZumlMJ2w/edit?usp=sharing
Wednesday April, 1, 2020: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1URtmqJOwBlle0c_eyzIflqozfh1yVcfndM7ZumlMJ2w/edit?usp=sharing
Hello OLG Kindergarten!
Each week updates to the webpage will happen here so you have the latest and greatest resources at your fingertips…
Week of March 29th
We have our first class ZOOM meeting this Monday! Ms. Kolding and Mr. Kramer will both be there! Looking forward to seeing you as well!
Join Our Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/898507888?
Meeting ID: 898 507 888
More to come shortly!
Week of March 22nd
Parents, you will receive an email from Mrs. Kramer regarding next week’s assignments by Sunday evening (3/22). They will be delivered to you as PDF files. Print out and complete.
Free Resources for expanded learning
Here are a bunch of other resources that can help explore along with your child!
- Blank Writing Paper
- Cool Alphabet Song
- Teacher Tube
- PBSkids. The website for children’s programming aired by the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) in the United States.
- Experiencing America: A Smithsonian Tour through American History. Dr. Richard Kurin, the Smithsonian Institute’s Distinguished Scholar and Ambassador-at-Large, offers this 12-hour video course at The Great Courses, which you can access with a free trial.
- National Geographic Kids. Child-focused resources about animals, science, history, people, and places around the world from The National Geographic Society.
- Colorations educational craft ideas. This website features hundreds of educational and grade-appropriate craft ideas that you can do at home.
- Storytime From Space. Videos of astronauts reading STEM-themed books from the International Space Station brought to you by the nonprofit Storytime From Space.
- Steve Spangler Science experiments you can do at home. This is a site established by science guy Steve Spangler, who’s been on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” over 20 times, with close to 400 science experiments you can do at home.
- A Children’s Guide to Folklore and Wonder Tales. Dr. Hannah Blevins Harvey treats you to dynamic, theatrical, and engaging tellings of cherished tales from around the world through this 12-hour video course at The Great Courses, which you can access with a free trial.
- Really Good Stuff student activity printables. There are about 40 free printable student activities on this page, which you can do at home, especially if you have limited resources.
- Kidomi digital education appropriate for children. This is a 2018 National Parenting Product Award Winner from Fingerprint Play, and is a subscription app for kids 6–12 with thousands of hours of games, books, and videos. You can sign up for a free trial.
- ABCmouse digital education appropriate for children. This is a digital education program from the award-winning company The Age of Learning, covering subjects including reading and language arts, math, science, health, social studies, music, and art. You can sign up for a free trial for now 🙂