Things to Know:
CATHOLIC SCHOOLS’ WEEK IS JANUARY 27th- FEBRUARY 1st!
–Open House is on Sunday the 27th from 9am- 1pm. All Middle School students are expected to be in attendance.
-Wednesday is the Winter Concert. Doors open at 6:30pm. Middle School Band Students meet in the parish hall. MS Choir students who are NOT in band, meet in the church.
– Special Persons’ Day on Thursday the 31st. See information in the School Newsletter and on the Homepage. Mass begins at 9:15 on SPD.
– Friday is PJ day!
For the 7th grade schedule, click here.
Homework: Visit the “Hobbs’ Homework Board” tab for assignments and due dates for all 7th grade classes as well as SS/LIT, 8 and LA/LIT, 6.
Non-Homework Updates/ Long-term Due Dates:
Eighth grade Social Studies/Literature: Non-Fiction Literature Cross-Curricular science focus, setting up a Space Colony and establishing its constitution.
Links to other Seventh grade teacher/homework pages:
Useful Website Links:
Learning Style Strategies:
Email addresses for letters to Congress:
- http://www.plimoth.org/learn/MRL/interact/thanksgiving-interactive-you-are-historian Thanksgiving scavenger hunt
- http://www.kwarp.com/portfolio/grammarninja.html practice identifying parts of speech
- http://www.readwritethink.org/ templates for writing
The following are possible resources for Catholic Social Teaching research:
- 5 minute Washington Map
- http://www.civilwar.org/education/teachers/lesson-plans/the-gathering-storm/the-gathering-storm-for.html Gathering Storm Exhibit
- http://www.loc.gov/index.html Library of Congress website, find primary sources
- http://www.loc.gov/collections/fsa-owi-color-photographs/ Library of Congress Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information Black and White Negatives
8th Grade US Constitution Info:
- Congress for Kids – good info for everyone
- Checks and Balances – how the branches are related
- Checks and Balances 2 – how the branches are related
- Checks and Balances and the Three Branches of Government
- Congress for KIds – search through this
- Fact Monster – branches of government
This is an audio link – please do this only at home
- Ben’s Guide Legislative
- First Gov
- Legislative Branch
- Staff Directory
- Info USA
- How a Bill becomes a Law
- http://www.arcademicskillbuilders.com flying race typing games
- http://www.freetypinggame.net typing lessons and games