Get a jump on this year’s commitment hours!
The following positions are now available.
School-wide/longer term volunteer opportunities*
- CYO Italian Dinner November 16th – Have a blast and help us put on a great event.
- Recess monitors (flexible/weekly) – Have a few hours during the school day? Help us at recess, see your child in action, and get to know the kids. There are voluntary and/or paid positions available. Contact Heidi Ehrenberg
- Morning recess 10:00-10:30 am
- Afternoon recess 11:30am-12:30 pm
- Art Parent – help mount and hang up student’s artwork in the school periodically Contact Shelley Bradley
- Wednesday Tutors – We love our peer tutoring program, but can always use another adult to help those peer tutoring groups: Wednesdays 2:15 pm to 3:00 pm, Contact Heather Owens
- Kitchen cleaning & organization (monthly) – Give the school kitchen a deep cleaning. Great little add-on to a Pizza Friday helper 🙂 Contact Sal Pagan
Parent Org (PO) Volunteer Opportunities*
- Parent Org Representative for 2nd Grade (automatic 50 hours) – Attend monthly meetings; forward important information from the Parent Org to your classroom families; assist with PO sponsored events during the year.
- Auction Co-Chair (automatic 50 hours) – Looking for the other half of this dynamic duo. Oversee all aspects of Auction planning, our biggest fundraiser of the year. Coordinate with auction sub-committee chairs to ensure tasks and timelines are met; manager event budget; fill Auction sub-committee positions as needed; and perform other auction-related duties that may be delegated to him/her (Supported by the auction Sub-Committees and school staff)
- Game Night – Looking for a co-chair to join Julie McCullough in planning and organizing our annual trivia night community builder and fundraiser.
- FCE Stuffing Parties – Help get the FCE (Family Communication Envelopes) ready to distribute each month. Sign up
- Pizza Friday is looking for volunteers! This is a fun (and easy!) way to earn volunteer hours. Sign up for dates!
For more information and to get started with parent org, click here!
Parish Volunteer Opportunities*
Looking for more volunteer hour possibilities? Your active participation in life of the parish counts too! Earn volunteer hours, and learn how our Many Parts come together in One Body!
- Volunteers needed for our Faith Formation programs – What you do matters greatly to us all and we need your help as we are looking for Catechists to work in our Faith Formation programs starting in the Fall of 2019. You may have taught children professionally, or you may have never taught before. We will guide you with all the support and materials needed to be a truly inspirational catechist, sharing your faith and touching lives one child at a time. Contact Marion Kari at 206 935-0358 ext. 113.
Empty Metro Trash Bin on 35th Ave SW (weekly) – This service helps our West Seattle and OLG community, supports metro, and earns metro tickets the parish gives to people in need to find services downtown. Catherine Wilson’s family (4th grade teacher) has served us well for 5 years – thank you Catherine! (The trash bin is located across the street from our campus on the west side of 35th Ave SW & Myrtle).
Serve as a Eucharist Minister – We have opportunities to serve at “The Mount”, regular Sunday services, and/or through the homebound ministry program. Contact Marion Kari at 206 935-0358 ext. 113 in the OLG Parish office for more details.
- Parish Office help (Bulletin Stuffer and more…). Help prepare the weekly bulletin with parish staff. Contact Parish Office (206) 935-0358 for more information!