Parent Org opportunities
The Parent Org needs you! Take on a role for next year and start earning hours now! Roles will be filled on a first to volunteer basis. PO JOB DESCRIPTIONS HERE. For more info and to sign up, please contact Yvette Messina at email@example.com.
- Hospitality Chair – 50 automatic hours
- Kindergarten Class Representative – 50 automatic hours
- 4th Grade Class Representative – 50 automatic hours
- 7th Grade Class Representative – 50 automatic hours
- Halloween Carnival Chair – 50 automatic hours (Co-Chair position already filled)
- Game Night Chair – 50 automatic hours
- Greater Giving Administrator – track hours, approx. 20 hours per school year
- Newsletter & Website Content Manager – track hours
- Yearbook Lead – 30 automatic volunteer hours
- Room Parent for each grade PreK, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 – 30 automatic volunteer hours
- Service Project Lead for each grade PreS, PreK, K, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 – 30 automatic volunteer hours
- Book Orders for grades 2nd, 4th & 5th – track hours
- Auction Basket Assembly for each grade PreS, K, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 – 30 automatic volunteer hours
- Fund 2022 Classroom Auction Project / Basket $200.00 for each grade PreS, PreK, K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 – this will count as your auction donation
Help us give kids these opportunities AND earn commitment hours!
- Track Co-Coach – Do you have a passion for track? Shadow the amazing Coach D and foster the joy of running in our kids. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Referees for Kickball and Soccer. Each kickball game has a ref representing each team (home plate and outfield). Each soccer game needs a ref when OLG is the home team. Each game is a commitment hour out of the way and a ton of fun! Contact email@example.com
- Kickball (grades 4-8 co-ed) April 25-May 23rd
- Soccer (K and 1st grade co-ed; 2nd and 3rd grade boys) mid-April to early June
- Track (grades 4-8 co-ed) May to early June
- Don’t forget to register for the Parent Like a Champion Workshop! https://www.teamsideline.com/sites/seattlecyo/home
- Gather videos/pictures Email Laura Wong
- More volunteers needed for our Saturday Public Mass – Looking for ushers and greeters for 5:30pm Saturday Mass. If you are interested please contact Michelle Scheving or call Parish office 206 935 0358
Serve as a Eucharist Minister – We have opportunities to serve at “The Mount”, regular Sunday services, and/or through the homebound ministry program. Contact Marion Kari at 206 935-0358 ext. 113 in the OLG Parish office for more details.
- Parish Office help (Bulletin Stuffer and more…). Help prepare the weekly bulletin with parish staff. Contact Parish Office (206) 935-0358 for more information!
Seeking New Members to Join the Pastoral Council – We are currently seeking parishioners to join the OLG Pastoral Council. The Pastoral Council is a consultative body to the consultative body to the Pastor. Through pastoral planning the council assists the Pastor in developing and living out the mission of the parish; provides recommendations for parish priorities, directions, and policies; maintains a strong interconnection and cross participation between the parish and school; and promotes community both internally and externally with OLG parishioners and the greater community. If interested please contact Fr. Kevin 206-935-0358.