Saturday, Oct 29th 4:00 pm
Help us make this year’s OLG Halloween Carnival the best party of the year (for our kids, of course) by signing up for a shift (or two)!
(to help in the classroom, drive on field trips, tutor or to be a CYO coach or volunteer, you must complete the Virtus Safe Environment Program) The next nearby class is virtual on Oct 6, 6:30 pm. For more classes and to register, visit VIRTUS Online
- Recess Monitors – This is a great way to satisfy your volunteer hours and see your child at play. Do you have a few hours during the school day to help? – stop by or contact the school office to sign up.
- Morning recess: 9:45 am to 10:30 am
- Afternoon recess: 11:25 am to 12:35 pm – still spots available!
- Wednesday Tutors – We love or peer tutoring program. We could use another adult to help students Wednesdays 2:15-3:00 pm. Contact Julie Herrmanns
- Safe Environment (Virtus) Trainer – Be the OLG trainer to teach OLG families about the Protecting God’s Children class. Co-facilitator opportunity or back up. There is a training session coming up the end of October. Contact Sandy if you are interested
Looking for something more permanent? OLG School Employment Opportunities
All Parents/Guardians are a part of the Parent Org
- Parent Org meetings are the 2nd Tuesday of each month – Join us!
- View our OLG Parent Org Leadership Team . There are a few OPEN PO positions – earn automatic hours!
- More about the Parent Org
Questions? Contact our PO Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for something more permanent? OLG Parish Employment Opportunities
Providence Mount St. Vincent is hosting an Interview Day on Thursday, October 20th, a job fair to attract new staff to the internationally recognized West Seattle community that offers assisted living, skilled nursing, transitional care, and an intergenerational childcare program. Interviews will be held for clinical roles, childcare, communications, housekeeping and more. Potential applicants can meet with staff, tour the facility, and apply for positions during the Interview Day, which runs from 9 am to 7 pm at Providence Mount St. Vincent, 4831 35th Ave SW, Seattle. To find out more go to: bit.ly/mountjobs or call 206-938-8738.
- Oct 5 Work Party Volunteers Needed 3:30 pm – We are looking for 5-6 volunteers to help prepare a space for a new storage shed. Come join the work party to do some digging and leveling! This new shed will help keep our tools and maintenance equipment safe and in one location. School parent? Come earn volunteer hours. Many hands make light work. Just show up or contact Sal Pagan for any questions. Thank you!
- Altar Server Training – Are you interested in being an Altar Server? Children 4th grade and older, and adults are invited to attend one of the two upcoming trainings: Wednesday, October 15, 2:30-3:30 pm, or Saturday, October 9:30-10:30 am, in the church. This is a great opportunity for families to serve together. Information, Helen Oesterle, 206-935-0358, email@example.com
- Camera Operators are needed for our daily and weekend Masses. Time commitment would be once a week and/or as a sub. Training provided…it is simpler than you think! Contact Helen for more information
- Sunday School Catechists and Assistants to help in the classrooms or once a month as one of our dismissal leaders for Children’s Liturgy of the Word at the 11:00 Mass. Contact Helen for more information
- Bulletin Stuffer and more… Help prepare the weekly bulletin with parish staff while your child is in school. Contact Velma at the Parish Office (206) 935-0358 for more information!
- Confirmation or Baptism Team Members to work with Sarah Riggio, our new Coordinator for Confirmation and Baptism Preparation to provide quality programming for our youth and families. Contact Sarah for more information. Training provided!
- Liturgy Commission is looking for new members. Do you love liturgy and want to become more involved? Then we need you! The Commission is an advisory body with whom Fr. Kevin which meets monthly to help promote full, active, conscious, and fruitful participation in our parish liturgies, while remembering to honor our parish culture and traditions, and embrace our diversity. Contact Helen for more information
- Help with outdoor campus jobs – Contact Sal
- Parish Peace Garden – We need to finish Getting Our Parish Garden Ready for Growing Vegetables for the WS Food Bank!! You can do it on your own time and it counts for school volunteer hours! If interested, contact Laura Vanderpool, or Helen 206-935-0358
- Altar Linen Ministry — Volunteers are needed to assist with laundering the linens we use for masses. You sign up to clean the laundry twice for a month or two during the year, and it is done in your own home on your own schedule. This is a great way to also earn school volunteer hours. Contact Helen for more information
- Volunteer Opportunities at Mass — Contact Helen for more information
- OLG Immigrant Ministry is Welcoming New Members. Join OLG’s Immigrant Ministry as we seek ways to recognize and support our immigrant communities. This year we will focus on direct service, advocacy, and building a new parish multicultural ministry. If you are interested in learning more or working on these projects, contact Sarah. Also see our website at https://olgseattle.org/immigration