UPCOMING VIRTUS CLASS:
- Zoom classes 6:30-9:30 pm: Jan 27, Feb 24, Mar 24, Apr 28 or May 26 Register here
- In-person classes: As more in-person class training opportunities are announced, Register here
- Recess Monitors – Contact the school office to volunteer during school recess. This is a great way to satisfy your volunteer hours and see your child at play. We particularly need volunteers on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays – pick a day and time that works with your schedule and come once a week.
- Morning recess: 9:45 am to 10:30 am
- Afternoon recess: 11:00 am to 12:30 am or 11:30 to 12:30 pm
- Tutoring Help Wednesdays 2:15-3:00 pm – Please consider helping the after school tutoring program. We can’t run the program without volunteers! Please contact Ms. Julie
- Special Facility Projects – Please contact Sal or call 206-935-0358
- Looking for something more permanent? OLG School Employment Opportunities
Parent Org opportunities*
The Parent Org needs you!
To sign up or ask questions, please contact Justin Umagat, PO Chair at email@example.com.
- Parent Org Board Member Roles
- Classroom Roles
- Yearbook Lead
- Safe Parking Volunteer – Our Safe Parking ministry continues hosting guests, despite the challenges of COVID-19. We now have two guests utilizing our lot and are seeking volunteers to help keep the Hospitality Hut clean and welcoming while St. Vincent de Paul keeps it stocked with food. Be part of the team and sign up for the date(s) that work for you each month. To volunteer, contact Jennifer (206) 935-0358 x120
- Safe Environment (Virtus) Trainer – Be the OLG trainer to teach OLG families about the Protecting God’s Children class. Contact Sandy if you are interested
- Steering Committee Volunteers — As. Fr. Kevin writes in this week’s Pastor’s Letter, we are in the process of hiring an architect to help us in the design and creation of the sacred space for our tabernacle and new place of prayer. The Steering Committee will provide input throughout the entire process. Time commitment will involve attending several meetings for the next 6-7 months. Contact Helen if interested.
- Volunteers to Help Organize Church Pews — This job entails restocking the pews along with putting the Breaking Bread and Spirit & Song books back into their proper order. Since we are only using every other pew right now, it is half the work!! It would be great to have two to three “teams” who can rotate each week. Great ministry for a family. Contact Helen 206-935-0358.
Altar Linen Ministry — Volunteers are needed to assist with laundering the linens we use for masses. You sign up to clean the laundry twice for a month or two during the year, and it is done in your own home on your own schedule. This is a great way to also earn school volunteer hours. Contact
Volunteer Opportunities at Mass:
- Altar Serving: Are you interested in being an altar server? Children 4th grade and older, and adults are invited to participate. Training provided. This is a great opportunity for families to serve together. Information, Helen, 206-935-0358.
- Camera Operators: We need volunteers to operate our livestreaming camera for weekend masses, weekday masses, and/or funerals. Schedule is flexible and the camera is very easy to operate. Contact Helen for more information.
- Lead Ushers for one of our weekend masses. Ministry entails overseeing volunteers to assist at one of our weekend masses with hospitality, overseeing the offertory collection, and provide emergency assistance, if needed. Training provided and must pass a background check. Contact Helen if interested.
- Sacristans: If you like directing events and activities, then this ministry is for you!! Sacristans coordinate the overall support of one of our weekend masses, including overseeing the set up for mass and support for other liturgical ministers. Contact Helen for more information.
- Confirmation or Baptism Team Members to work with Sarah Riggio, our new Coordinator for Confirmation and Baptism Preparation to provide quality programming for our youth and families. Contact Sarah for more information. Training provided!!
- Parish Garden Volunteers needed to help harvest our produce for the West Seattle Food Bank and help with weed control. Time commitment involves coming at least once a week at your convenience. Great opportunity for families to work together. Contact Helen for more information.
Serve as a Eucharist Minister – We have opportunities to serve at “The Mount”, regular Sunday services, and/or through the homebound ministry program. Contact Marion Kari at 206 935-0358 ext. 113 in the OLG Parish office for more details.
- Parish Office help (Bulletin Stuffer and more…) Help prepare the weekly bulletin with parish staff. Contact Parish Office (206) 935-0358 for more information!
- OLG Immigrant Ministry is Welcoming New Members. Join OLG’s Immigrant Ministry as we seek ways to recognize and support our immigrant communities. This year we will focus on direct service, advocacy, and building a new parish multicultural ministry. If you are interested in learning more or working on these projects, contact Jennifer, 206-935-0358 x.120. Also see our website at https://olgseattle.org/immigration
Join the Life, Justice, and Peace Commission. Did you know that OLG has a Life, Justice, and Peace Commission? In its 8th year, the LJP Commission aims to integrate Catholic social teaching into the life of the parish and seeks to offer parishioners a way to live out their call to love God and neighbor by providing opportunities for service, advocacy, and education. This year, we will focus on racial justice and the upcoming Seattle City Council elections in addition to other efforts. To learn more and potentially join us in this ministry, contact Jennifer, 206-935-0358 x120. Also see our website at https://olgseattle.org/ljp