- Special Facility Projects – Please contact Sal or call 206-935-0358
- Recess Monitors – Contact the school office to volunteer during school recess
- Looking for something more permanent? OLG School Employment Opportunities
Parent Org opportunities*
Parent volunteers needed for the Halloween Carnival!
Choose the shift(s) that work best for you and your family!
Earn 1 volunteer hour for each cake donated —
The Parent Org needs you!
To sign up or ask questions, please contact Justin Umagat, PO Chair at email@example.com.
- Parent Org Board Member Roles
- Classroom Roles
- Room Parent for grade 4 & grade 7 – 30 automatic volunteer hours
- Service Project Lead for grade 6 – 30 automatic volunteer hours
- Auction Class Basket Assembly for grade 3 and for grade 6 – 30 automatic volunteer hours
- Fund 2022 Classroom Auction Project / Basket $200.00 for each grade 1, 2, 5, 7 – this will count as your auction donation
- Yearbook Lead
Volunteers Needed for a Steering Committee — As. Fr. Kevin writes in this week’s Pastor’s Letter, we are in the process of hiring an architect to help us in the design and creation of the sacred space for our tabernacle and new place of prayer. The Steering Committee will provide input throughout the entire process. Time commitment will involve attending several meetings for the next 6-7 months. Contact Helen if interested.
Volunteers Needed To Help Organize Church Pews — This job entails restocking the pews along with putting the Breaking Bread and Spirit & Song books back into their proper order. Since we are only using every other pew right now, it is half the work!! It would be great to have two to three “teams” who can rotate each week. Great ministry for a family. Contact Helen 206-935-0358.
Seeking New Members to Join the Finance Council – We are currently seeking parishioners to join the OLG Finance Council. The Finance Council advises our pastor on the stewardship of the parish’s financial resources. Looking for individuals who are experienced in business, operations, accounting, and finance. The Council assists the Pastor by:
- Conducting long-range financial planning with regard to funding operational and capital needs in the parish;
- Developing and overseeing a parish budget process which results in an annual parish budget. This process involves the participation of those responsible for parish programs, and addresses the parish’s priorities and goals as determined by the pastor and parish pastoral council;
- Providing financial analysis of current fiscal status reports;
- Providing fiscal analysis of proposed goals, strategies, programs, and administrative aspects of parish life.
- If interested please contact Michelle Scheving 206-935-0358.
- Cleaning Altar Linens This ministry involves laundering linens and other items that we use for our liturgies, including mass. You would be assigned one month a year.
- Volunteer Opportunities at Mass:
- Altar Serving: Are you interested in being an altar server? Children 4th grade and older, and adults are invited to participate. Training provided. This is a great opportunity for families to serve together. Information, Helen Oesterle, 206-935-0358, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Camera Operators: We need volunteers to operate our livestreaming camera for weekend masses, weekday masses, and/or funerals. Schedule is flexible and the camera is very easy to operate. Contact Helen for more information.
- Lead Ushers for one of our weekend masses. Ministry entails overseeing volunteers to assist at one of our weekend masses with hospitality, overseeing the offertory collection, and provide emergency assistance, if needed. Training provided and must pass a background check. Contact Helen if interested.
- Sacristans: If you like directing events and activities, then this ministry is for you!! Sacristans coordinate the overall support of one of our weekend masses, including overseeing the set up for mass and support for other liturgical ministers. Contact Helen for more information.
- Confirmation or Baptism Team Members to work with Sarah Riggio, our new Coordinator for Confirmation and Baptism Preparation to provide quality programming for our youth and families. Contact Sarah at email@example.com for more information. Training provided!!
- Parish Garden Volunteers needed to help harvest our produce for the West Seattle Food Bank and help with weed control. Time commitment involves coming at least once a week at your convenience. Great opportunity for families to work together. Contact Helen for more information.
Hospitality Hut Volunteers Needed. OLG runs an overnight Safe Parking Lot for those living in their vehicles. Guests have access to our Hospitality Hut where they can get coffee, food, hygiene supplies as well as use our fridge, microwave, and heater. If you would like to support this effort, we need a few more volunteers to help maintain the Hospitality Hut. You can sign up for the days and/or times that work for you each month. For more information, contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-935-0358 x120.
Serve as a Eucharist Minister – We have opportunities to serve at “The Mount”, regular Sunday services, and/or through the homebound ministry program. Contact Marion Kariat 206 935-0358 ext. 113 in the OLG Parish office for more details.
- Parish Office help (Bulletin Stuffer and more…). Help prepare the weekly bulletin with parish staff. Contact Parish Office (206) 935-0358 for more information!
Seeking New Members to Join the Pastoral Council – We are currently seeking parishioners to join the OLG Pastoral Council. This is a consultative body to the Pastor. Through pastoral planning the council assists the Pastor in developing and living out the mission of the parish; provides recommendations for parish priorities, directions, and policies; maintains a strong interconnection and cross participation between the parish and school; and promotes community both internally and externally with OLG parishioners and the greater community. If interested please contact Fr. Kevin 206-935-0358.
- OLG Immigrant Ministry is Welcoming New Members. Join OLG’s Immigrant Ministry as we seek ways to recognize and support our immigrant communities. This year we will focus on direct service, advocacy, and building a new parish multicultural ministry. If you are interested in learning more or working on these projects, contact Jennifer at email@example.com or 206-935-0358 x.120. Also see our website at https://olgseattle.org/immigration
Join the Life, Justice, and Peace Commission. Did you know that OLG has a Life, Justice, and Peace Commission? In its 8th year, the LJP Commission aims to integrate Catholic social teaching into the life of the parish and seeks to offer parishioners a way to live out their call to love God and neighbor by providing opportunities for service, advocacy, and education. This year, we will focus on racial justice and the upcoming Seattle City Council elections in addition to other efforts. To learn more and potentially join us in this ministry, contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-935-0358 x120. Also see our website at https://olgseattle.org/ljp