OLG School is a ministry of the OLG Parish and as a result, anything you do for the Parish, you do it for the school, for your community. You do it for OLG!
Are you a School Parent?
Your active participation in the life of the Parish and Parish activities counts towards your required volunteer hours too! 🙂
We Need Altar Servers! Children 3 rd grade and older, and adults are invited to help serve at our Masses. This is a great opportunity for families to serve together and you get extra credit in heaven! Training can be coordinated with your schedule. Contact Helen via email at email@example.com or phone at: 206-935-0358.
Event Specific Opportunities:
- Urgent Help Needed! We just discovered that some of the irrigation PVC pipes for our parish garden are leaking and we need volunteers to help fix the problem. We want to be good stewards of the water and keep our garden beds healthy! Contact Helen
- Interested in helping at our annual Holiday Gift Fair featuring Fair Trade products? Contact Kelley at the parish office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are Hiring!! Part-time position for Little Lamb Care Givers! We have many young families in our parish and we want to make it possible for them to participate more regularly in our parish liturgies. So we would like to offer child care for our very young children (6 months- 3 years) during the 11:00 am Masses. This can be a job-share with two to three other people. (Note: This position requires Safe Environment Training). Contact Helen Oesterle for more information or email@example.com; 206-935-0358 x 113
Community Outreach Opportunities:
- OLG Immigrant Ministry is Welcoming New Members. Join OLG’s Immigrant Ministry as we seek ways to recognize and support our immigrant communities. This year we will focus on direct service, advocacy, and building a new parish multicultural ministry. If you are interested in learning more or working on these projects, contact Sarah Riggiofor more information. You can also learn more on our website at Our Lady of Guadalupe Immigrant Ministry page.
- Parish Peace Garden: We need to finish getting our Parish Garden ready for growing vegetables for the WS Food Bank!! You can do it on your own time and it counts for school volunteer hours! If interested, contact Laura Vanderpool, Helen Oesterle, or call us at (206) 935-0358
- There are so many other outreach opportunities available! Take a look and learn more about all the different OLG Outreach ministries HERE!
- Work with children at Family Faith Sunday School programs. All support & training is provided and you can have a significant impact on the lives of your people
- Assist at Mass as a Eucharist Minister or Reader – It is not only a great way to serve others but it is also a wonderful way to enrich your own experience and understanding of the Mass. The scheduling is flexible based on your availability and training can be provided based on your schedule. Contact Helen
- Camera Operators are needed for our daily and weekend Masses. Time commitment would be once a week and/or as a sub. Training provided…it is simpler than you think! Please contact Helen Oesterle for more information.
- Bulletin Stuffer and more: Help prepare the weekly bulletin with parish staff while your child is in school. Contact Velma Jones at the Parish Office (206) 935-0358 for more information!
- Volunteer Opportunities at Mass: You can contact Helen Oesterle for more information.
- Family Faith Formation Volunteer Opportunities. Sharing our faith through our children and family programs takes many hands, and, as the cliché goes, “Many hands make light work.” Having a strong group of volunteers is vital to our programs and a strong witness to children, but those who give of their time and talent also benefit. They build their own connection to the community and, through that community, their own sense of the Lord in our lives. Please consider joining us as a volunteer. Opportunities range from one-hour one-time events to multiple Sunday mornings. Watch this bulletin and our web page or contact Molly
- Confirmation or Baptism Team Members to help provide quality programming for our youth and families. Contact Sarah Riggio for more information. Training will be provided!
- Help with outdoor campus jobs: Contact Dave Fitton for more details!
Looking for something more permanent? Take a look at the most current OLG Parish Employment Opportunities!
DO NOT FORGET: All volunteers who work with children and/or money must complete the Safe Environment Program (managed by VIRTUS). For more details, check out our Safe Environment Program page or contact our local Safe Environment Coordinator, Sandy Plummer at (206) 935-0358.