Our back-to-school procedures look a little different this year. This September start is remote / distance learning for our K-8 classrooms. Our Preschool/Prek will be in person utilizing established best practices to keep everyone safe.
- To begin offering in-person instruction to our grade K-5 students, the King County data must show <75 infections per 100,000 residents. There must be a decreasing trend in the data. It must have stayed below this rate and continued to decrease for two consecutive weeks.
- We will continue to evaluate the data by using the King County Department of Health’s Key Indicators of COVID-19 Activity Dashboard to assess our ability to begin reopening to in-person instruction. There will be at least two weeks notice before reopening to in-person instruction.
- OLG is starting online with Distance Learning for K-8. We are committed to providing our students with high quality, remote educational experiences for the entire month of September. This will ensure a solid foundation and routine is set for Distance Learning in the event we need to transition back and forth between online and in-person learning.
- Fall Day Camp Info
- Immunizations – Immunization still need to be updated, regardless of remote or in-person schedules.
- School Supply List (no need to bring supplies to the school until we are back “in-person”) Our school supply list includes what teachers anticipate your child will need for the school year. We understand some of our normal supplies may be more difficult to obtain in these times (anti-bacterial wipes, etc) — provide as you are able.
- Earthquake/Disaster Comfort Kit Supplies To reduce your shopping trips, we ask to have your comfort kits ready that first week of school and keep at home until requested. New families: click here for more details
- Additional paperwork (see Quicklinks below)
- Uniform Exchange – FREE — No need to wear everyday during remote learning, but you may need a uniform for a special zoom guest, mass or project!
- To request uniform pieces, submit request form. Your items will be packaged and available to pick up.
Early Learning Center (ELC) – Preschool/Pre-K
In-Person Learning starts Sept 1st
State Mandated Orientation for new parents will be virtual this year. Schedule with Janet McClelland.
- ELC Student Profile (required before the first day of school)
- Immunizations (required before the first day of school)
- Pre-K/Preschool School Supplies (bring the first day of school)
- OLG – ELC Covid-19 Policies and Procedures
- Earthquake/Disaster Comfort Kit
- PreK: Enter at the south entrance (South doors are between 34th Ave SW and outside stairwell up to the church parking lot)
- Preschool: Enter at the ELC entrance on 34th Ave SW
(All forms available on the Parent pages of our web site).
- Latest Newsletter
- FAQ from Town Hall
- School Supplies
- Immunizations – Make sure your child’s immunizations are up-to-date and signed by a Parent/Guardian
- Earthquake/Disaster Comfort Kit Supplies – All students are required to have an emergency comfort kit
- Technology Use Agreement + Video/Photo Release (Grades K-8) – (new form to reflect distance learning aspects)
- ELC Student Profile (Pre/Pre-K)
- OLG – ELC Covid-19 Policies and Procedures (Pre/Pre-K)
- Medical Authorization Form signed by a Physician (for medication administered at school)