Calling all Jedis and Defenders of the Galaxy!
May 4th, unofficially known as Star Wars Day, is our annual Jog-A-Thon!
Pledge forms are in your hands! Time to ask friends, grandparents, neighbors and family to pledge a per-lap challenge or flat dollar amount for your runner. If every runner can raise $150 in flat donations or a minimum of $7 per lap, we will make our goal of $30,000! All pledges are 100% tax deductible. Pledge are due the morning of the Jog-A-Thon, Friday, May 4th
Thursday, April 12 – Pledge forms home (1 per child)
April 12 – May 4 – GET PLEDGES!
Friday, May 4 – Pledge forms due by 9 a.m. No form – No prizes
Friday, May 4 – Jog-A-Thon Run Jedi, Run!
Monday, May 7 – Invoices returned to runners
Friday, May 18 – All money due
Use the website! Super easy! This is the preferred method of pledge collections and for paying invoices at the end of the event. Send the link to out of town friends and family. Be sure to enter online donations on to your pledge sheets as well. Remember to please have children be safe when asking neighbors.
Make donations online ==> http://www.olgevents.org/
- Click: Sign In (use same name & password as auction/ordering pizza)
New users can quickly and easily create an account
- Click: Jog-A-Thon, Make A Donation (or simply CASH in top bar)
- Choose: Donation Type – Family Last Name. Enter donation amount.
- Choose: Payment Method, Pay & Print 100% tax deductible receipt. You will also receive an email receipt.
- Click: Donate Now button… you are done!
If paying by check, make check payable to OLG PO
We cannot run this event without your help! Help count laps, slice oranges, set-up, tear down event and earn hours. Sign up at http://signup.com/login/entry/536988110859658053
The May the 4th Be With You Jog-A-Thon is a spirited dress day. We challenge runners to dress in their galactic best! Wear Jedi attire or dress as a member of the Dark Side…just be sure the runner can run! Please leave all lightsabers and blasters at home, no running with lightsabers!
- Jedi Apprentice who raise $100 in flat donations or at least $5 totals per lap will earn a Star Wars mask. To redeem your prize, simply send an email or signed note to your child’s teacher or the school office. Prizes awarded daily! Hang onto your pledge sheets, keep gathering pledges, and turn in the final tally on May 4th!!
- Jedi Masters who meet the $150 total goal (or $7 totals/lap) get their very own light saber!
- Jedi Council Members who raise $200 or more get an additional Star Wars mask for every $100 in pledges (or equivalent $5/lap totals). Collect them all!!!
- Turn in a pledge sheet to receive a galactic gift
- Most Laps – $50 West Seattle Runner gift certificate (top boy & girl)
- Most Money Collected – $25 Big 5 Sporting Goods gift card
- Top Runners in Each Class – Pizza Party Invite
- Best Star Wars Outfits in Each Class – Pizza Party Invite
Here’s a few pictures of last year’s “Cinco-de-Mayo” themed event!