Our Lady of Guadalupe Physical Education classes are held in the gym. We also take advantage of the field, tennis courts and our blacktop during good weather. Athletic shoes are required for P.E. Please see below our different uniform requirements depending on our students’ grades.
PreSchool and Pre-K:
- No uniform required
Kindergarten through Fifth Grade:
- Students wear their school uniform to P.E. However, girls need to wear shorts under jumpers or skirts.
- Sweaters and sweatshirts should be labeled with students name.
- As we warm up students are encouraged to remove their sweaters or sweatshirts.
- Athletic shoes are required for P.E. Please refer to the P.E. schedule to ensure students have appropriate athletic shoes for their P.E. days.
- If students do not wear athletic shoes for P.E., they will be asked to sit out class to ensure their safety.
Sixth through Eighth Grades:
Middle School students dress down for P.E. and are only allowed to wear P.E. Uniforms to school for the entire day on Fridays (unless it is a Mass Day).
- Tops: White, grey, navy or black short sleeved t-shirts. If the top has a logo, only small ones are allowed (maximum size should be equivalent to a small palm).
- Bottoms: Black, navy or grey athletic warm-ups, sweats or shorts (minimum of 5″ shorts).
- Spandex shorts are NOT allowed.
- Leggings and yoga pants may be worn, if paired with a shirt that is in length to cover to their bottom.
- Shoes: Athletic Shoes are a MUST. If students do not wear athletic shoes to P.E., they will be asked to sit out class to ensure their safety.
- CYO shirts, shorts and sweats are allowed.
- CYO sweatshirts or OLG blue uniform sweatshirts are the ONLY allowed sweatshirts.
Please note: Students that do not follow the P.E. uniform standards will be sent to the office to change and they will be asked to sit out class to ensure their safety. Participation points will be deducted for missed day(s).
Shoes are the most important item for P.E. Students need supportive, secure foot wear for running, jumping and fast movements.
- Shoes must have laces or velcro closures to ensure that they will stay on.
- Backless, slip-ons, flats, hard soled Mary Jane’s or boots are not appropriate.
- Converse Chucks or Tom”s do not provide enough support or have the proper sole for P.E. activity.
- Students may bring shoes for P.E., especially during our wet weather when many wear boots. They can change before and after class.
Please note: If a student does not have appropriate shoes for P.E., they will not be able to participate in locomotor activities. This is enforced for safety reasons, as well as to protect our gym floors. You should refer to the P.E. schedule for the days your child has P.E.
Free Dress Days
- If P.E. is on a free dress day, please consider wearing appropriate clothing and shoes.
- Long dresses, dress shoes or boots are not appropriate or safe for P.E.