Important Dates: Specific dates in the high school process 2019- 2020
Congratulations, Class of 2020, on all of your Catholic HS Acceptances!
As a class, over 40 application packets were sent out! Way to go!
Catholic High School Admissions
- ✔ Open House and Regional Information Nights
✔ This year, OLG will also be hosting the HS Info Nights 2019 if you want to visit all of the Catholic high schools at once!
✔ Mid November to mid January: Entrance exams (registration due three weeks prior to exam)
See more information regarding all dates HS Calendar of Admissions 19-20
✔ December 2nd – 2019-2020-school-report-and-teacher-evaluation-combined due to Ms. Hobbs.
✔ December 31 – Tuition Assistance Application Due to most High Schools SEE HS for details (O’Dea/ Forest Ridge/ Eastside due 1/8).
✔ January 8, 2020 – Application Deadline
✔ February 14 – Acceptance notification
February 27 – Registration fee due
Seattle Lutheran High School
- ✔ Thursday, October 24 – Open house for prospective students
- More information can be found on their website, here.
Raisbeck Aviation High School (Highline Public Schools)
- ✔ November 13th and January 9th: Both at 6pm
- If Aviation is of interest to you, visit their admissions page, here and check out the 2023 Student Onboarding slides (at the bottom). While this is their presentation for last year’s 8th graders, the content is still relevant.
Seattle Public Schools
- February to March – Typically their open enrollment period
- More information and dates can be found at the Seattle Public Schools Enrollment Website.
Timeline: What to Think About And When
✔ September-December (the discernment months)
Visit schools, websites, open houses, schedule shadow visits if necessary, collect applications, begin filling them out.
✔ October- November
Schedule entrance exams through the high school (Catholic/private schools only).
Recommendation requests must be in to Ms. Hobbs and other teachers by Monday, December 2nd.
Catholic high school applications due (January 8, 2020).
Open enrollment for Seattle Public Schools begins. Catholic High School acceptances sent out.
✔ FOR 7TH GRADE FAMILIES: SCHEDULE IN SUMMER! Scheduling a Shadow Visit
If you’re not quite sure what school’s for you, it may be worthwhile to schedule a day when your child can visit the high school and shadow a current student. This helps your eighth grader get an everyday perspective on student life at that school. Please inform all your child’s teachers of the date of the visit at least a week in advance.
If you choose to schedule this visit, it is an excused absence, however, unlike sick days, students are still expected to complete homework for the day they return. Please contact a classmate or refer to Ms. Hobbs’ Homework Board for homework assignments. It’s a good idea to bring home all school materials the day before a visit, that way you won’t have to stop by the school after your visit to pick up books or notebooks.
Admissions Contacts for Area High Schools
- Aviation: Therese Tipton (Principal), firstname.lastname@example.org or Trish McGuire (Office Manager) Trish.McGuire@highlineschools.org
- Bishop Blanchet: Michael Pierce, 206-527-7741, email@example.com
- Chief Sealth: Office of the Registrar: Lisa Bartel, 206-252-8562,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eastside Catholic: James Ward, 425-295-3017, email@example.com
- Forest Ridge: Tara Waller, 425-641-0700, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Holy Names: Eileen Denby, 206-720-7805, email@example.com
- Kennedy Catholic: Lori Kerr, 206-957-9724, firstname.lastname@example.org
- O’Dea: Kristian Patterson, 206-622-1308, email@example.com
- Seattle Lutheran: Rachel Bigliardi, 206-937-7722, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seattle Prep: Ann Alokolaro, 206-577-2146, email@example.com
- West Seattle: Tara Vanselow, 206-252-8814, firstname.lastname@example.org