Important Dates: Specific dates in the high school process 2017-2018
Catholic High School Admissions
- Open House and Regional Information Nights
- Mid November to mid January: Entrance exams (registration due three weeks prior to exam)
- November 27 – Confidential School Report-Transcript Request & Confidential Teacher Evaluation due to Mr. Santos
- December 31 – Tuition Assistance Application Due to High Schools (Blanchet is January 6)
- January 8, 2018 – Application Deadline
- February 15 – Acceptance notification
- March 3 – Registration fee due
Seattle Lutheran High School
- Thursday, October 26 – Open house for prospective students
Raisbeck Aviation High School
- TBD in mid to late October
Seattle Public Schools
- February to March – Typically their open enrollment period
- More information and dates can be found at the Seattle Public Schools Enrollment Website.
Timeline: What to think about and when
September-December (the discernment months)
Visit schools, websites, open houses, schedule shadow visits if necessary, collect applications, begin filling them out.
Schedule entrance exams through the high school (Catholic/private schools only).
Recommendation requests must be in to Mr. Santos and other teachers by Monday, November 28.
Catholic high school applications due (January 8, 2018).
Open enrollment for Seattle Public Schools begins. Catholic High School acceptances sent out.
Scheduling a Shadow Visit
If you’re not quite sure what school’s for you, it may be worthwhile to schedule a day when your child can visit the high school and shadow a current student. This helps your eighth grader get an everyday perspective on student life at that school. Please inform all your child’s teachers of the date of the visit at least a week in advance.
If you choose to schedule this visit, it is an excused absence, however, unlike sick days, students are still expected to complete homework for the day they return. Please contact a classmate or refer to Mr. Santos’ website for homework assignments. It’s a good idea to bring home all school materials the day before a visit, that way you won’t have to stop by the school after your visit to pick up books or notebooks.
Admissions Contacts for Area High Schools
- Aviation: Emily Thatcher, 206-631-7218, email@example.com
- Bishop Blanchet: Michael Pierce, 206-527-7741, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chief Sealth: Marla Stewart, 206-252-8550, email@example.com
- Eastside Catholic: Charlene Kletzly, 425-295-3014, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forest Ridge: Shana Abner, 425-641-0700, email@example.com
- Holy Names: Eileen Denby, 206-720-7805, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kennedy Catholic: Clare Spano, 206-957-9723, email@example.com
- O’Dea: Kristian Patterson, 206-622-1308, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seattle Lutheran: Rachel Bigliardi, 206-937-7722, email@example.com
- Seattle Prep: Ann Alokolaro, 206-577-2146, firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Seattle: Tara Vanselow, 206-252-8814, email@example.com