Important Dates for the HS Application Process 2020-2021
- The best thing you can do as of now is to check out each HS website directly. Virtual Open Houses/ Info Nights begin as early as October, via Zoom. Some schools have not released more details yet.
- HSPT and other placement tests NOT EXPECTED THIS YEAR fo nearly all Catholic high schools
- Application is due to the high schools BY January 6, 2021.
The information below is subject to change.
Catholic High School Admissions
- Fall: Open House and Regional Information Nights Different for each HS. Visit the school’s website for specifics and Zoom registration options for HS virtual Open House schedules.
- Mid November to mid January: Entrance exams (registration typically due three weeks prior to exam)
- See more information regarding all dates on each high school’s website.
- Monday, November 30th – PAGES 1 & 3 of the 2020-2021-school-report-and-teacher-evaluation-combined due signed and filled out, to Ms. Hobbs. (The rest we do digitally and do not need the printed paper copies)
- December 31st – Tuition Assistance Application Due to most High Schools SEE HS for details (O’Dea/ Forest Ridge/ Eastside due 1/6).
- January 6, 2021 – Application Deadline
- February 12 – Acceptance notifications are postmarked.
- February 25 – Registration fee due
Check here for an overview on the HS dates: https://www.seattlecatholichighschools.com/
For the Admissions Table click here.
UPDATED For the LETTERS/ EMAILS and Virtual Classroom Visit Dates to OLG click here.
Seattle Lutheran High School
- Open house for prospective students TBD.
- More information can be found on their website, here.
Raisbeck Aviation High School (Highline Public Schools)
- If Aviation is of interest to you, visit their admissions page, here and check out the 2023 Student Onboarding slides (at the bottom). While this is their presentation for last year’s 8th graders, the content is still relevant.
Seattle Public Schools
- February to March – Typically their open enrollment period
- More information and dates can be found at the Seattle Public Schools Enrollment Website.
Timeline: What to Think About And When
September-December (the discernment months)
Visit schools, websites, open houses, schedule shadow visits if necessary, collect applications, begin filling them out.
Schedule entrance exams through the high school (Catholic/private schools only).
Recommendation requests must be in to Ms. Hobbs and other teachers no later than Monday, November 30th.
Catholic high school applications due (January 6. 2021).
Open enrollment for Seattle Public Schools begins. Catholic High School acceptances sent out. Enrollment and Registration for Catholic HS due 2/25/21
FOR 7TH GRADE FAMILIES: SCHEDULE IN SUMMER!
Attending Virtual Open Houses
If you’re not quite sure what school’s for you, it may be worthwhile to attend a virtual Open House.
Attending In- Person Shadow Days
Currently on hold due to COVID.
When schools allow for in person visits, you are also encouraged to schedule a day when your child can visit the high school and shadow a current student. This helps your eighth grader get an everyday perspective on student life at that school. Please inform all your child’s teachers of the date of the visit at least a week in advance.
If you choose to schedule this visit, it is an excused absence, however, unlike sick days, students are still expected to complete homework for the day they return. Please contact a classmate or refer to Ms. Hobbs’ Homework Board for homework assignments. It’s a good idea to bring home all school materials the day before a visit, that way you won’t have to stop by the school after your visit to pick up books or notebooks.
Admissions Contacts for Area High Schools
- Aviation: Therese Tipton (Principal), firstname.lastname@example.org or Trish McGuire (Office Manager) Trish.McGuire@highlineschools.org
- Bishop Blanchet: Michael Pierce, 206-527-7741, email@example.com
- Chief Sealth: Office of the Registrar: Lisa Bartel, 206-252-8562,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eastside Catholic: James Ward, 425-295-3017, email@example.com
- Forest Ridge: Tara Waller, 425-641-0700, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Holy Names: Eileen Denby, 206-720-7805, email@example.com
- Kennedy Catholic: Wendy Byrd, 206-241-3857, firstname.lastname@example.org
- O’Dea: Kristian Patterson, 206-622-1308, email@example.com
- Seattle Lutheran: Rachel Bigliardi, 206-937-7722, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seattle Prep: Ann Alokolaro, 206-577-2146, email@example.com
- West Seattle: Tara Vanselow, 206-252-8814, firstname.lastname@example.org