The uniform identifies one as a student of Our Lady of Guadalupe School. It also helps to encourage and reflect good grooming and responsible behavior and study habits. The dress code is based on modesty, neatness, cleanliness, good taste, and safety. Parents are expected to understand and support these guidelines as well as help their children make good choices about appropriate attire and grooming. Please contact the school before purchasing any items to be worn at school if you have questions or are unclear about the dress code.
OLG’s Dress Code Policy
Here are some options for obtaining uniform pieces (click bar for more detail):
Embroidered cardigans, pullover sweaters, sweater/fleece vests and sweatshirts meet the OLG Full Uniform Dress Code, typically referred to as "blues". See the School Calendar for scheduled All School Mass dates to make sure your student wears their "blues".
- Uniform sweatshirts are currently OPEN for ordering through Oct 15th here. After Oct 15th, 2020, ordering will be closed until Jan 15, 2021.
- Uniform cardigans, pullovers and sweater vests are available to order from Dennis Uniform
- Uniform fleece vests are available in our online OLG Store.
Don't forget, gently used uniform blues are also available at no cost from the Uniform Exchange
Parents are encouraged to utilize our Uniform Exchange where students can take uniform items for free. Families may take gently used uniform items donated as other students outgrow them. Many are almost new. Take the items you need and return them as your child grows.
- To request uniform pieces, submit request form. Our Uniform Exchange crew will pack items available and have it available for pick up at the school office. Don't know what to pick? Check out uniform summary and sizing from the manufacturer.
- Drop off items during packet pick up or send with student during in-person learning. GENTLY USED pants, jumpers, skirts, etc. No white shirts please unless new.
Any questions, contact Erin Pedras
For white shirts and navy pants/shorts, most families purchase from Old Navy, Target, Costco, Walmart, JC Penny, Lands End, etc.
OLG Spirit Day
Let’s show off our school spirit! On OLG Spirit Days, students are allowed to wear OLG Spirit Wear, anything CYO, or your uniform. OLG “Spirit Wear” is clothing with the school logo or name in lieu of uniform items. Students may also wear CYO sports uniforms. OLG Spirit Days are NOT free dress . OLG Spirit Wear is NOT to take place of uniforms. Students not wearing Spirit Wear or CYO sports uniforms on OLG Spirit Days should wear their daily school uniform. See the School Calendar for scheduled OLG Spirit Days (generally the first Friday of the month).
** REMEMBER TO LABEL ALL CLOTHING ITEMS WITH CHILD’S NAME **